Dove of the Orient

Sunday 20th February 2011

I was a bit frustrated yesterday at not being able to range too far due to other commitments, but had a pleasant session at Slimbridge nonetheless, with good views of a Cetti's Warbler at the Zeiss Hide, and of one of the the first-winter male Scaups in the Rushy (second from bottom photo). Frustrated, because I knew a nice mega was taunting me from not far beyond the Oxfordshire border. It didn't matter anyway because I got very good views this morning of the ORIENTAL TURTLE DOVE at Chipping Norton (record shots above and below) as it perched in a nearby tree for about five minutes or so, after I had waited less than an hour. I thank the very nice people who allowed me and other birders into their garden, with proceeds to help provide care and support to Daisy, a local girl who contracted meningitis just before Christmas; I wish Daisy all the best.

Scaup:

Yesterday also brought some nice birds in the garden, including four Siskins (below) and three Bramblings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gran Canaria

Cotswold Orchids and a Garden Hobby

Todd's Canada Goose